From Mandarin Education Task Wiki
CFL Teaching - 对外汉语教学
- Chen, J., Wang, C., & Cai, J. (Eds.). (2010). Teaching and learning Chinese : Issues and perspectives. Charlotte, N.C.: Information Age Pub.
- Duff, P. & Li, D. (2004). Issues in Mandarin language instruction: Theory, research, and practice. System, 32(3), 443-456.
- Duff, P. Introduction. In P. Duff, & P. Lester (Eds.). (2008)., Issues in Chinese Language Education and Teacher Development. Selected Papers from the Shanghai Symposium (pp. 3-4). UBC Centre for Research in Chinese Language and Literacy Education. November 2008.
- Duff, P. Issues in Chinese language teaching and teacher development. In P. Duff, & P. Lester (Eds.). (2008)., Issues in Chinese Language Education and Teacher Development. Selected Papers from the Shanghai Symposium (pp. 5-48). UBC Centre for Research in Chinese Language and Literacy Education. November 2008.
- Everson, M. E., & Xiao, Y. (Eds.). (2009). Teaching Chinese as a foreign language: Theories and applications. Boston: Cheng & Tsui.
- Falsgraf, C. (2007). Innovations in language learning: The Oregon Chinese flagship model. Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages, 4.
- Higgins, L. T., & Sheldon, K. (2001).Teaching of Mandarin in an English comprehensive school: A case study. Educational Studies, 27, 109-127. 
- Linnell, J.D. (2001). Chinese as a second/foreign language teaching and research: changing classroom contexts and teacher choices. Language Teaching Research, 5, 54-81. 
- Liu, G., & Lo Bianco, J. (2007). Teaching Chinese, teaching in Chinese, and teaching the Chinese. Language Policy, 6(1), 95-117. 
- Loke, K. (2002). Approaches to the teaching and learning of Chinese: A critical literature review and a proposal for a semantic, cognitive and meta-cognitive approach. JCLTA, 37(1), 65-112.
- Stella, K. (2007). Mainstreaming and professionalizing Chinese-language education: A new mission for a new century. Chinese America: History and Perspectives. 2007 (1).
- Tsung, L., & Cruickshank, K. (2011). Teaching and learning Chinese in global contexts: Multimodality and literacy in the New Media Age. London: Continuum.
- Wang, L., & Higgins, L. (2008). Mandarin teaching in the UK in 2007: A brief report of teachers’ and learners’ views. Language Learning Journal, 36(1), 91-96.
- Xing, J.Z. (2006). Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Foreign Language Hong Kong: Hong Kong University Press. 
Chinese Language Acquisition - 中文习得研究
- Chen, C. (2004). Motivational beliefs of students learning Chinese as a foreign language. ProQuest Information & Learning. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences, 64 (9), 3187-3187.
- Duff, P., Anderson, T., Ilnyckyj, R., VanGaya, E., Wang, R.T., & Yates, E. (2013). Learning Chinese: Linguistic, Sociocultural, and narrative Perspectives. Boston: De Gruyter.
- Huang, J. (2000). Students’ major difficulties in learning Mandarin Chinese as an additional language at the proficiency level beyond the initial stages and their coping strategies. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 440-537)
- Ke, C. (2005b). Patterns of acquisition of Chinese linguistic features by CFL learners. Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, 40(1), 1-24.
- 吕必松 1991.《对外汉语教学概论》
- McDonald, E. (2011). Learning Chinese, turning Chinese: Challenges to becoming sinophone in a globalized world. New York: Routledge.
- 施家炜. 1998. <外国留学生 22 类现代汉语句式的习得顺序研究>《世界汉语教学》46. p.77-98. 北京.
- 王建勤. 1998. 《汉语作为第二语言的习得研究》北京: 北京语言文化大学出版社.
- Wang, J., Spencer, K., & Xing, M. (2009). Metacognitive beliefs and strategies in learning Chinese as a foreign language. System, 37(1), 46-56.
- Zhao, Y. (2011). Review article: A tree in the wood: A review of research on L2 Chinese acquisition. Second Language Research Beijing: Peking University.
Heritage Language Learners (HLLs)
- Chang, Y. L. (2001). BO-PO-MO for ABC: Teaching the Mandarin phonetic alphabet to American-born Chinese children at Chinese language schools in Hawai'i. Dissertation Abstracts International, 62, 548-A. [Doctoral dissertation, University of Hawaii at Manoa]
- Chen, Y. (2007). Balancing goals and emotional responses to learning Chinese as a heritage language. ProQuest Information & Learning. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences, 68 (5), 1809-1809.
- Chow, H. (2001). Learning the Chinese language in a multicultural milieu: Factors affecting Chinese-Canadian adolescents’ ethnic language school experience. Alberta Journal of Educational Research, 47(4) , 369–374.
- Christensen, M., & Wu, X. (1993). An individualized approach for teaching false beginners. Journal of Chinese Language Teachers Association, 27(2), 91-100.
- Comanaru, R., & Noels, K. A. (2009). Self-determination, motivation, and the learning of Chinese as a heritage language. Canadian Modern Language Review, 66(1), 131-158.
- Curdt-Christiansen, X.L. (2012). 潜移默化 – Implicit learning and imperceptible influence: Syncretic literacy of multilingual Chinese children. Journal of Early Childhood Literacy, Online First,(0), 00-00.
- Curdt-Christiansen, X. (2008). Reading the world through words: Cultural themes in heritage Chinese language textbooks. Language and Education, 22(2), 95-113.
- Curdt-Christiansen, X. (2006). Teaching and learning Chinese: Heritage language classroom discourse in Montreal. Language, Culture and Curriculum, 19(2), 189-207.
- Wong Fillmore, L. (2000). Loss of Family Languages: Should Educators Be Concerned? Theory into Practice, 39(4), pp. 203-210. 
- He, A. W. (2006). Toward an identity-based model for the development of Chinese as a heritage language. The Heritage Language Journal, 4(1), 1-28.
- Li, D. & Duff, P. (2008). Issues in Chinese Heritage Language Education and Research at the Post-secondary Level. In He, A. and Y. Xiao (Eds.) Chinese as a Heritage Language: Fostering rooted world citizenry. Honolulu: National Foreign Language Resource Centre, University of Hawaii. 
- Li, W. & Hua, Z. (2010). Voices from the diaspora: Changing hierarchies and dynamics of Chinese multilingualism. International Journal of the Sociology of Language. (205) 155-171.
- McGinnis, S. (2005). More than a silver bullet: The role of Chinese as a heritage language in the United States. Modern Language Journal, 89, 592-594.
- Pu, C. (2009). Chinese american children's bilingual and biliteracy development in heritage language and public schools. ProQuest Information & Learning. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences, 69 (7), 2678-2678.
- Wang, M. (2004). An ethnographic study of Chinese heritage language education and technological innovations. Journal of the National Council of Less Commonly Taught Languages, 1.
- Wang, X. (Ed.), A view from within: A case study of Chinese heritage community language schools in the United States. Washington, DC: National Foreign Language Center.
- Weger-Guntharp, H. (2008). The affective needs of limited proficiency heritage language learners: Perspectives from a Chinese foreign language classroom. In Kondo-Brown, K., & Brown, J.D. (Eds.), Teaching Chinese, Japanese, and Korean heritage students: Curriculum, needs, materials, and assessment. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Weger-Guntharp, H. (2006). Voices from the margin: Developing a profile of Chinese heritage language learners in the FL classroom. Heritage Language Journal, 4(1), 29-46.
- 魏岩军、王建勤、魏惠琳、闻亭、李可 (2012).<影响美国华裔母语保持的个体及社会心理因素>.《语言教学与研究》1. p.99-106
- Wu, S. (2008). Robust language learning for Chinese heritage learners: Technology, motivation and linguistics. In K. Kondon-Brown & J. D. Brown (Eds.), Teaching Chinese, Japanese and Korean heritage students: Curriculum, needs, materials, and assessment (pp.271-297). New York: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Xiao, Y. (2006). Heritage Learners in the Chinese Language Classroom: Home Background. Heritage Language Journal, 4(1), pp.47-56.
Native Speaker Teachers
- Llurda, E. (ed.). (2005). Non-Native Language Teachers: Perceptions, Challenges and Contributions to the Profession. New York: Springer.
- Schrier, L. (2009). Understanding the culture of American schools, and managing the successful Chinese language classroom. In M. E. Everson & Y. Xiao (Eds.) Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (pp. 227-249). Boston: Cheng & Tsui.
- Xu, H. (2012). Challenges native Chinese teachers face in teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language to non-native Chinese students in U.S. classrooms. University of Nebraska.
Teaching Methods - 教学方法
- Zhang, Y. (2009). Performance-Based Chinese L2 Reading Instruction: A Spiral Approach. Ohio State University.
Teaching of Characters and Literacy - 汉字认字
- Allen, J. R. (2008). Why learning to write Chinese is a waste of time: A modest proposal. Foreign Language Annals, 41(2), 237-251.
- Cheng, C. (2000). Frequently-used Chinese characters and language cognition. Studies in Linguistic Sciences, 30(1), 107-118.
- Chung, K. K. H. (2002). Effective use of hanyu pinyin and English translations as extra stimulus prompts on learning of Chinese characters. Educational Psychology, 22(2), 149-164.
- Good, R. L. (1999). Strategies in the writing of Chinese characters by intermediate and advanced students of Chinese as a foreign language. Dissertation Abstracts International, Section A: The Humanities and Social Sciences, 59(11), 4122-4122.
- Hanley, J. R. (2005). Learning to read in Chinese. In M. J. Snowling, C. Hulme, M. J. Snowling & C. Hulme (Eds.), The science of reading: A handbook. (pp. 316-335). Malden, MA US: Blackwell Publishing.
- Jin, H. G. (2006). Multimedia effects and Chinese character processing: An empirical study of CFL learners from three different orthographic backgrounds. JCLTA, 41(3), 35-56.
- Ke, C. (1998). Effects of language background on the learning of Chinese characters among foreign languages students. Foreign Language Annals, 31(1), 91-100.
- Lee-Thompson, L. (2008). An investigation of reading strategies applied by American learners of Chinese as a foreign language. Foreign Language Annals, 41(4), 702-721.
- Levine, M. G., & Haus, G. J. (1985). The effect of background knowledge on the reading comprehension of second language learners. Foreign Language Annals, 18(5), 391-
- Shen, H. H., & Bear, R. D. (2000). Development of orthographic skills in Chinese children. Reading and Writing: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 13, 197-236.
- Shu, H., & Richard, C. A. (1999). Learning to read Chinese: The development of metalinguistic awareness. In J. Wang, A. W. Inhoff, & H. -C. Chen (Eds.), Reading Chinese script: A cognitive analysis (pp. 37-64). Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Shen, H. H. (2000b). Radical knowledge and character learning among learners of Chinese as a foreign language. Linguistic Studies, June, 85-93.
- Shen, H. H. (2000a). The interconnections of reading-text-based writing and reading comprehension among college intermediate learners of Chinese as a foreign language, Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, 35, 29-48.
- Shen, H. H. (2003). A comparison of written Chinese achievement among heritage learners in homogeneous and heterogeneous groups. Foreign Language Annals, 36(2), 258-266.
- Shen, H. H., & Ke, C. (2007). Radical awareness and word acquisition among non-native learners of Chinese. Modern Language Journal, 91(1), 97-111.
- Shen, H. H. (2009). Size and strength: Written vocabulary acquisition among advanced learners. Chinese Teaching in the World, 23(1), 74-85.
- Shen, H. H. (2008). An analysis of word decision strategies among learners of Chinese. Foreign Language Annals, 41(3), 501-524.
- Shen, H. H. (2005a). Linguistic complexity and beginning-level L2 Chinese reading, Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, 40, 1-28.
- Shen, H. H. (2005b). An investigation of Chinese-character learning strategies among non-native speakers of chinese. System, 33(1), 49-68.
- Shen, H. H. (2004). Level of cognitive processing: Effects on character learning among non-native learners of Chinese as a foreign language. Language & Education: An International Journal, 18(2), 167-182.
- 施正宇. 2000. <外国留学生字形书写偏误分析>.《汉语学习》116. p.38-41.
- Taft, M., & Chung, K. (1999). Using radicals in teaching Chinese characters to second language learners. Psychologia: An International Journal of Psychology in the Orient, 42(4), 243-251.
- Unger, J. (2004). Ideograph Chinese characters and the myth of disembodied meaning. Hawaii: University of Hawaii Press.
- Wang, J., Inhoff, A. W., & Chen, H.-C. (Eds.). (1999). Reading Chinese script: A cognitive analysis. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Yan, X., Fan, Y., Di, Z., Havlin, S., & Wu, J. (2013, March 7). Efficient learning strategy of Chinese characters based on network approach. Retrieved July 20, 2013, from the arXiv database. 
- Ye, L. (2011). Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Foreign Language in the United States: To Delay or Not to Delay the Character Introduction. Applied Linguistics and English as a Second Language Dissertations. Paper 21.
- Zhang, Z. -S. (2009). Myth, reality and character instruction in the 21st century. JCLTA, 44(1), 69-89.
- Zhu, Y. (2006). Effects of voiced-pronunciation and stroke sequence animation on production of characters by beginners of Chinese as a foreign language. Dissertation Abstracts International, Section A: The Humanities and Social Sciences, 67(3), 831-831.
Listening Comprehension - 听力强化
- Chung, J. M. (1999). The effects of using video texts supported with advance organizers and captions on Chinese college students' listening comprehension: An empirical study. Foreign Language Annals, 32(3), 295-308.
- Wee, I. (2007). Unraveling the relation between Mandarin tones and musical melody. Journal of Chinese Linguistics, 35(1), 128-144.
- Wen, X. (2009). Teaching listening and speaking: An interactive approach. In M. E. Everson & Y. Xiao (Eds.) Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (pp. 131-150). Boston: Cheng & Tsui.
Oral Production - 口语产出
- An, K. (2006). An investigation of error correction in the zone of proximal development: Oral interaction with beginning learners of Chinese as a foreign language. Dissertation Abstracts International, Section A: The Humanities and Social Sciences, 67(6), 2026-2027
- Ao, Q. (2000). A descriptive study of teachers' error correction of Chinese tones during Chinese as a foreign language instruction: A sociocultural perspective. Dissertation Abstracts International, Section A: The Humanities and Social Sciences, 60(9), 3294-3295.
- Tao, H. (2005). The gap between natural speech and spoken Chinese teaching material: Discourse perspectives on Chinese. Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, 40(2), 1-24.
- Wang, Y. (2004). The comparison of the production of Chinese sentences in foreign students whose native languages are different in typology. Acta Psychologica Sinica, 36(3), 274-280.
- Zhao, S., Liu, Y., & Hong, H. (2007). Singaporean preschoolers’ oral competence in mandarin. Language Policy, 6(1), 73-94.
Pragmatics - 语用学
- Winke, P.M. & Teng C. (2010). Using task-based pragmatics tutorials while studying abroad in China. Intercultural Pragmatics. 7,2 pp.363-399.
- Kasper, G. (ed.). (1995). Pragmatics of Chinese as native and target language. Honolulu: University of Hawai'i Press
- Pan, Y., & Kádár, D.Z. (2011). Politeness in Historical and Contemporary Chinese. London: Continuum.
- Wang, H.D. (2007). The elements of the business Chinese curriculum: A pragmatic approach. Selected papers from pragmatics in the CJK classroom: The state of the art. Retrieved from: 
- Xiang, C.H. (2007). Production and perception of apologies: Interlanguage pragmatics of British learners of Mandarin Chinese. Selected papers from pragmatics in the CJK classroom: The state of the art. Retrieved from: 
- Yu, M. (2003). On the universality of face: Evidence from chinese compliment response behavior. Journal of Pragmatics, 35(10-11), 1679-1710.
- Yu, M. (1999). Universalistic and culture-specific perspectives on variation in the acquisition of pragmatic competence in a second language. Pragmatics, 9, 281-312.
Fossilization - 语言僵化现象
- 陈慧媛. 1999. <关于语言僵化现象起因的理论探讨>《外语教学与研究》3. p.163-168. 北京.
Grammar - 语法
- Zhang, M. (2005). 对初级汉语语法教学的若干思考与尝试. JCLTA, 40(2), 79-98.
- 吕叔湘. 1999. 现代汉语八百词·增订本. 北京: 商务印书馆.
- Beutner, M. R. (2001). Using computer-assisted interactive feedback to enhance natural pronunciation of Chinese tones by non-native learners of Mandarin Chinese. Dissertation Abstracts International, 62, 1806-A. [Doctoral dissertation, Ohio University] (abstract)
- Bourgerie, D. S. (2003). Computer assisted language learning for Chinese: A survey and annotated bibliography. Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, 38(2), 17-47.
- Jin, L., & Erben, T. (2007). Intercultural learning via instant messenger interaction. CALICO Journal, 24(2), 291-311. 
- Li, S. (2008). The characteristics of quality online Chinese language teaching and learning in higher education: Perceptions of teachers and learners. ProQuest Information & Learning. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences, 68(7), 2909-2909.
- Xie, T. (2002). Using Internet relay chat in teaching Chinese. CALICO Journal, 19(3), 513-524.
- Xie, T. (2001). e-Generation's Chinese language teachers: Meet the new challenges. Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, 36, 75-80.
- Yuan, R. (2006). A probe into learning approaches and attitudes towards technology-enhanced language learning (TELL) in Chinese instruction. Dissertation Abstracts International, Section A: The Humanities and Social Sciences, 66(10), 3560-3560.
- Zhang, D. (2008). Researching the use of WebCT in Chinese language teaching and learning. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences, 68 (7), 2912-2912.
Other - 其他
- 曾金金. 2000. <建立「华语为第二语言习得资料库」的基本构想>《第六届世界华语文教学研讨会论文集第二册》p.24-36. 台北: 世华会.
- 曾金金. 2004. <由平衡语料库和中介语语料看汉语被字句表述的文化意蕴>.Journal of Chinese Language and Computing. Vol.13, N4:13.
- 程美珠. 1997.《汉语病句辨析九百例》.北京: 华语教学出版社.
- 刘英林. 1998. 《汉语水平等级标准与语法等级大纲》北京: 国家对外汉语教学领导小组办公室汉语水平考试部.
- 邓守信. 2004. <对比分析与语法教学>.《汉语研究与应用》2. p.49-59. 北京.
- 邓守信. 2005. 《汉语语法论文集》台北: 文鹤.
- 戴曼纯. 1996. <自然习得顺序质疑>《外语教学与研究》108. p.40-43,80. 北京.
- 苏冰. 2005. <第二语言习得中的学习顺序>《山东外语教学》104. p.74-75. 山东.
- Leung, P. (2007). On the term “Chinese language” (A preliminary manuscript). Chinese America: Histories & Perspectives. (2007), 1.
- Swihart, D. W. (2003). The two Mandarins: Putonghua and Guoyu. Journal of the Chinese Language Teachers Association, 38, 103-118.
- Yao, D. (Ed.). (2006). Chinese language instructional materials and pedagogy. Beijing Language and Cultural University Press.
- Smith, H. A. (2008). Chinese immersion: A study of effective elementary school programs. ProQuest Information & Learning. Dissertation Abstracts International Section A: Humanities and Social Sciences, 68(8), 3255-3255.